IOS for iPhone now includes a Health App which aims to give you access to all of your fitness data.The Health App can also be set up to display very important medical and emergency contact information for someone attending to you in an emergency situation. In order for this information to display you need to create an emergency Medical ID and this can be accessed even if you have a pass code on your phone. Follow these instructions:
- Launch the Health aoo from your phone and tap on Medical ID in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap Create Medical ID.
- You can now add information such as your date of birth, medical conditions you have, allergies, notes, if you are on medication, blood type, organ donor status, weight and height. Put anything in here that would assist someone in an emergency. You can also ADD PHOTO to your Medical ID.
- When you are finished and happy with the information you have entered tap Done in the top right corner. In order for your Medical ID to show ensure you have the Show When Locked option enabled.
How to access this data now you have it all set up
Accessing the Medical ID with the following steps:
- On the lock screen, swipe left to the screen where you enter the passcode.
- Tap on Emergency at the bottom left of the screen.
- Then tap on Medical ID at the bottom left – this will display your information.
You never know, this could save your life!!